English for Academic Purposes
EAP is designed to focus on the development of English skills for higher education and vocational study. EAP provides excellent preparation for University and other higher education institutions where successful students need to understand and communicate efficiently. Barton International College (BIC) aims to prepare students not only for entrance to an Australian institution but also to enjoy their studies in Australia. Even if higher education is not the chosen path, EAP is a fantastic course to elevate students to a higher level of English in formal report writing and presentations.
• Direct entry to Universities, Colleges and TAFE NSW with whom BIC has pathway arrangements – undergraduate and master level courses.
• Focuses on presentation, writing and referencing skills you will need to excel at university or college.
• Group study and university-style learning contexts.
• Weekly testing and practice to monitor progress.
English language requirements
EAP 1 – IELTS 5.0 or the equivalent
EAP 2 – EAP 1 (Certificate of Completion) or IELTS 5.5
18 years or over
- 20 hours per week
- Morning Session
Monday to Thursday (5 hours of study)
- Evening Session
Monday to Friday (4 hours of study)
- Length of course: 24 weeks
Commencement Dates 2017
• 31 July (EAP 1)
• 23 October (EAP 2)
Commencement Dates 2018
• 22 January (EAP 1)
• 16 April (EAP 2)
• 9 July (EAP 1)
• 1 October (EAP 2)
(dates are subject to change)